Homeless Link is the national membership organisation for homelessness charities in England. We help our over 850 members deliver better services to homeless people and one of the ways in which we do this is through the provision of paid membership services such as events, training and consultancy. We also provide the In-Form Case Management system for our members.
Why do we produce In-Form?
There are four reasons why we produce In-Form, focused directly on our vision and mission:
1. To help our members deliver better services to homeless people
2. To help our members demonstrate their impact to funders and other stakeholders
3. To build the evidence base on homelessness and the impact of our members
4. To generate a small surplus to improve the sustainability and resilience of Homeless Link
When did In-Form begin?
We started In-Form in 2009, building upon the success of an earlier project that we’d originally started back in 1998. In-Form is an online case and service management system built on the trusted and secure Salesforce platform. We are partners of Salesforce.org, the arm of Salesforce that focuses on non-profits and education and this gives our members access to their platform at a price that charities can afford.
The success of In-Form
In-Form is a phenomenally successful project. We produce 3 versions of the In-Form system:
- In-Form Community – free of charge for small homelessness charities
- In-Form Essential – out of the box system to small-medium homelessness charities
- In-Form Enterprise – Full customisable solution for larger homelessness charities
Today we have over 300 charities using In-Form to manage their work with homeless people, recording their journeys through their services and managing all the interactions they have with the charity. These 300 charities employ over 17,000 users and manage hundreds of thousands of case records.
The primary focus on customer success rather than marketing & sales or product development not only works, but more importantly is aligned with our values as a membership charity.
We have not only been getting much better at what we do, we have grown much, much faster. It took us 5 years to get to £500,000 in revenue, 5 more to get to £2million. And we are still growing at 30% each year. And over the years we have contributed over £700,000 in surpluses into Homeless Link, our parent charity.
I am so proud of In-Form and so grateful to the amazing team that have worked for Homeless Link over the last 12 years in making In-Form such a great success.